Monday, April 27, 2009

A few drink recipes

I mentioned these on Twitter recently, but hate having to search for them.

Note that drinks are "Mix to taste" unless otherwise noted.

Enjoy!

Mana Potion
I have a bottle of the stuff sold elsewhere sitting on my desk, but I've heard rumors about their taste. So I appreciate the pretty packaging, but prefer to mix my own.

In a large glass, mix the following:
Sprite (or Sprite Zero)
Flavored vodka (I prefer citrus, although I've used orange and lime on occasion)
Blue curacao.

The blue curacao is for a hint of orange flavor, but it supplies all the color. Pour your vodka and Sprite in the quantities you want, but be sure to leave the room for enough blue curacao to give the drink the right shade.

Cherry Grog
"Grog" is the term used for watered-down rum used for rationing and preserving the potable water supply over long sea voyages. Caveat Emptor when you're in Booty Bay! However, for a "grog" that kicks like an agitated Draenei, mix this to taste in a tumbler:

Spiced rum
Cherry brandy
Grenadine

The base of the drink is the rum, but the brandy is the kick. Add just enough grenadine (just a splash!) to emphasize the cherry flavor.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment