Saturday, June 13, 2009

Winter Veil Wish List - Part 2

The other day I posted my wish list. Since then, it turns out that one of my wishes has already been granted. It wasn't Christie Golden, but another talented scribe who submitted some information about me to our grand overlords at Blizzard. Said scribe embellished a little (as scribes are wont to do), but otherwise managed to document that time period between the recapture of the Isle of Quel'Danas and the expedition to Northrend perfectly. Amongst other things, they grasped my unwillingness to be called "king" despite the deserved promotion beyond "regent," the reasons I show some animosity toward Rommath (and yes, I do pity him at the same time), my desire for peace with the Quel'dorei, and the dawning realization that I must tread carefully to not follow Kael'thas's path of leadership.

And the scribe won a contest on my behalf.

Well, I'm glad more is now known about me. However, those particular days expose many raw emotions. I've read it over and over again, feeling old wounds reopen. It is the mark of a good scribe to be able to extract the same feelings no matter how many times we've read his/her work. The reason I try to keep this journal rather light-hearted and cover other subjects is because I don't wish to burden others with those problems they do not need to see. But once in a while, it is good that the audience understands what their leaders go through.

For that reason, I highly recommend giving it a read. Remember, while it is based on my own experiences, it was another scribe who completed the work and submitted it.

I need to find him and give him a promotion.

As to the subject of this post, since one of my wishes has now come true (although I was hoping for more of a biography so people would STOP claiming a relation to me that simply does NOT exist), I must now come up with a replacement.

I now ask Greatfather Winter a request on behalf of my people:

In neutral cities such and Dalaran and Shattrath, I would like the merchants, bankers, and other townspeople to also observe neutrality, lest my people begin to pull their support and protection. I've had numerous complaints that upon concluding business with Horde races, the townspeople often make the parting comment "For the Alliance!"

No. Just no.

I know the townsfolk have their loyalties too, but they are alienating those who would otherwise gladly help them. So in the spirit of diplomacy, I ask Greatfather Winter to make them see the folly of bias in neutral territory. My people go to Dalaran because they must. It's bad enough that they willingly go in and defend the Violet Hold knowing that is where their Prince, friends, and family members were driven to join the naga and Illidan in order to survive. But then to be told "for the Alliance!" when all they want to do is a simple banking transaction? After all they've been through such treatment is a slap in the face.

I'm not even asking for members of the Horde to find employment in the main part of Dalaran, forcing out those who already have an established livelihood there. Just requesting some conscious effort on the part of the townsfolk to remember that half the people supporting their economy and protection are not "for" the Alliance at all.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you would have better luck in your wishes if you came to Thunder Bluff? We tauren could show you how the great feast of Winter Veil is REALLY celebrated. =) Those goblins have...what's the word...'commercialized' it to death. =/

    ReplyDelete